Friday, February 8, 2008

Another piece of Chocolate cake...

As I said on Works for Me Wednesday, I shopped online at Chocolate Cake Club for some Christmas gifts. I've been really a happy with my purchases there and was happily surprised that Sue Kirchner, the founder of the Chocolate Cake Club, was kind enough to stop by and leave me a comment thanking me for the endorsement.

I want to make clear that I don't work for Chocolate Cake Club. I have not been paid, encouraged or threatened to make this post. I have never met Sue or anyone else that works for them. I am just a happy consumer.

That all said, I thought I'd share what I did buy from them. I first found them because I was looking for a 2007-2008 planner. I bought the one I used the year before at Barnes & Noble, but they didn't have this years version and I wanted to start using it. I did a google search for the planner and up came their website. So, in my first purchase, I bought the Mom's Plan-it™ 2008 Engagement Calendar. I also added the Baby Daze™ Sitter Slips because we were starting with a new sitter and I thought they'd come in handy.

For Christmas, for my 6 year old niece, I bought the Playful Chef Kids Cooking Kits. It is adorable and she loved it. I got my nephew, her twin, the I Dig™ Tyrannosaurus Rex Skeleton Excavation Adventure. I cannot begin to say how much he loves this set. Any little boy who loves dinosaurs would love it. I also got him this Dinosaur Kids Talking Alarm Clock.

For me, I bought the Retro Take Out Menu Organizer Binder. Like most people, (I hope it isn't just us!), we have a junk drawer (or two or three or four) that was overflowing with a bunch of crap stuff. Our takeout menus seemed to multiply in the drawer. We had more than one copy from each place we order from. I don't know if they were having little menu babies in the darkness of the drawer when we weren't looking or what, but it was getting way out of hand. Now our menus are organized, all in one place and we only have one copy each.

Of course, I have a whole other list of things I'd like to buy. One day, one day.

0 comments: