Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow cones

It was 2 degrees this morning while driving the girls to school. Normally, it wouldn't have bothered me that much as I could go from my warm house into my running, heated car in my not so warm garage. Today I wasn't so lucky. Our garage door broke last week following the footsteps of almost everything else in my lovely house.

Because I had to go out the front door and down the walkway to our driveway, I passed by many of the 40 or so rose bushes we inherited with this house. They are so beautiful:





Oh wait, that's how they looked last summer. This is what I saw today. And it made me cry. Sobbed really. Well, maybe not. I would have cried but I was afraid of my tears freezing to my skin. That would have hurt and made me cry more. Plus, I wanted to get my butt inside the car as quickly as possible.

If you look closely, you can see a rose hiding under a rose cone. Or maybe you can't. The rose cones are being held down with a brick and are almost hidden in the snow. Mmm, snow cones.



See this next little guy? I ran out of cones and being the procrastinator that I am, the stores also ran out of cones. I'm sure he's very mad at me right now and cold. Very cold. We'll see if he survives.



And look at this tree. It should be standing up straight and tall, but the snow weighed it down and just robbed it of all its dignity.


It will be a couple of months still before the cones come off and I see which rose made it through the winter.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

You fooled me with the rose pictures! I was like "where the heck is she??? Hawaii?"
Funny!
The front of my house looks very much the same.