Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Money Pit's updates

As you know, I hate love my house. When we first acquired it in the fall of 2006, it needed so much work that we couldn't move in for 6 weeks after closing. The previous owners really liked having blue carpet in the kitchen and throughout the house and wallpaper in every room. I didn't like it as much.

The before pictures only give a hint to how bad it was. We're still working on it (it is a never ending project, isn't it), but here are some after pictures.

We haven't done much to the kitchen because eventually we'd like to redo it all. We did get new appliances, but that was mostly out of fear of what might have been living on or in them. Kind of like that blue carpet.









I think what makes me happiest about the house though is that our garage door opener will finally be replaced on Thursday. And I can't wait. Nothing like a few days of 0 degree weather and snow on top of snow to make you appreciate your home even with all of its faults.

1 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I know this is totally rude not to comment on what you wrote, but I've just got a second to say, "Tag... You're it!" :)