Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My kids are anal


They get it from their father.

Because God knows, I'm far from anal. Things don't have to be perfect in my book. I don't mind a little clutter, my clothes are never perfectly ironed, and my bed is rarely made. Ok, so it is only made when the cleaning ladies come because they do it, details, details. But yes, I live in a little clutter. I certainly wouldn't be friends with Bree. Well, I would because I've love to go to her house, rub myself all over her impeccably organized house and hope some of it would come off on me, but I'm afraid that she wouldn't want to come to mine.

But LushMan is just plain anal. "Everything in its place and a place for everything" is something he says often around here. Good thing I don't take him seriously. We only need one uptight adult in this house.

My poor innocent babies though. They've been infected. TheOldest and TheMiddleChild have gotten the anal gene. The first sign was when they lined up all their Little People train pieces at almost 28 months and 14 months. Notice all the people and animals are facing the same direction.

This brings me to Wednesday. It was the first day of TheMiddleChild's speech therapy. The therapist said that part of her problem is that she's a perfectionist. If she can't say something the right way, she gets frustrated and doesn't try. She does not like to make mistakes.

It's all LushMan's fault.

4 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I wish my kids were a bit more anal. They get the lax part from me when it comes to tidiness.

Speech therapy. I think we need that here at my house with MyMiddleChild. It's starting to get really frustrating here.

How's the dairy free life coming along?

nottryingforaboy said...

Oh, don't get me wrong. They can still make a mess like the best of them.

But TheMiddleChild won't eat broken cookies, doesn't like broken bananas (her father had the same issue when he was younger). And TheOldest likes to use blue marker on blue paper because they match. Who cares if you can't see what you're writing.

Anonymous said...

I'm just stopping by to make sure you got my email reply. Some people have told me they haven't been getting my emails lately.

Anonymous said...

I have four daughters. And two of them won't go to bed at night unless everything is in its place. And it started when they were babies. I guess 50% isn't so bad, lol. Although i have to take the blame for the anal gene. I can' go to bed if the pillows on the couch aren't just "so" really, we can't help ourselves, haha